Wednesday 9 November 2016

CHIP Meet & Greet Footage - Seyi

On Novmber 4th, I went  to Oxford Street to do some shopping. When I was getting ready to go home I wanted food from McDonald's. Passing JD on my way, there was loud music being played in the store, I tried to ignore it as it didnt really concern me, but then I though that it would be useful for media, so `I turned back and went into the store. It turned out that I was hit by a stroke of luck because I was right on time for a free in-store meet and greet with an artist who used to be independent, then made it big, then started his own record label for himself alone; Chip.



I was unprepared entering the store, as i had 2 heavy bags to carry and 1 phone with few storage space on it. That explains why my videos were cut short, disorganised and shaky. However, I came up with an idea to use this in our favour. I could use it as an amateur video which are shown on the news often, when they do not have access to such footage or a correspondent in the area (example shown below). AND we could also use it in the opening sequence, as I had made a comment when the whole group was together, stating that the footage connotes our actor as lonely, and music is often shared with a number of people.



At the event, Chip stated many things that could help our news package; such as information Grime as a very underground genre, and how he started off at age 16, and how his first album was made in a spare room of his producers mum's house, and he was not the only artist to start from there. This also lead me to gather more information, such as Frank Ocean's last album was released independently, as he is now an independent artist, and it lead him to great success. However, I could not get it all recorded because I did not have a video camera, instead I had my phone with low storage space. I recorded some on snapchat because the videos could be saved to Snapchat Memories, in order for me to retrieve them later. I will put those videos up soon or later, in case they are needed to be of use.



I am going to film again at another artist meet and greet, Emili Sande on the 14th of November, and I will take a camera to film, this time, to avoid making this mistake again.




No comments:

Post a Comment