Friday 2 December 2016

Icongraphic 1 - Seyi

Research & Planning AND Construction

Graphs: I decided to use the same graphs and information from the research and planning from the script. I do not intend on duplicating the graphs, but simplifying them and selecting which are appropriate for our central question/topic (streaming and the internet).

YouTube Tutorials: This is my first time using Adobe After Effects so I used many YouTube tutorials in order to create the final product. Below are those I had used:

This was the first video I decided to follow, in order to make my own template inspired by the video below. It was quite difficult as I went through several different videos until I came across the right tutorial. Many of them did not have the same controls as I did or their expressions did not work or it's complicated.



The first thing I had imported into this animation was a picture, to emphasize on the 'bad' statistic, because if our audience consists of independent artists looking to make internet success, then this statistic would be of disadvantage to them. Plus, it was also going to add a sense of humour to the animation, because the picture is constantly used as a meme on social media. I used the video below to learn how to do this.


I then used this song from the YouTube video below (using an online YouTube converter to change it from mp4 to mp3) to put in the background to make it a bit more humour as well as emphasize on the bad statistic. I did not need a YouTube tutorial to teach me how to do it because once I learned how to import pictures, I just applied common sense. The fact that it is a song from an independent DJ makes it more relevant to the theme of our news package.



I was then under the impression that I had finished, however when I had replayed the video because I wanted to admire my work, however I found out that it was not playing sound, so I used the videos below to instruct me on how to do so, and to save the video as an mp4 in order for me to upload it onto YouTube.



Final Product
After a few weeks of research and planning and actually constructing it. I came up with this. However, I will edit it later, just to change the colours to or central colour which we will decide early this week. I will also add the voiceover later, in order for it to make more sense to our viewers. So far it is 6 seconds long, but I will be making more infographics for this news package for more content. Below is my final product:


No comments:

Post a Comment